Helping companies create healthy energetic teams
Carla Hightower, MD, MBA, is a workplace wellness consultant, certified integrative health coach, and founder of Living Health Works. As a wellness expert, Dr. Hightower presents interactive, evidence-based workplace wellness workshops on healthy food and lifestyle choices that reduce stress, improve energy, and increase productivity.
- Virtual & in-person workplace wellness workshops
- Online courses on food and lifestyle choices that support well-being
- Boost Your Mood & Energy
- How to Reduce Stress When Working From Home
- Healing Yourself With Food
- Foods That Help Control Blood Sugar
- How Diet Affects Blood Pressure
- Heart-Healthy Cooking Class
- Superfoods for Life
- How to End Food Cravings
- Top Tips for Strengthening the Immune System
- Foods that Fight Pain
- A.T. Kearney Global Learning Conference
- Walgreens First Ladies Health Initiative
The Doctor Knows Best Panel
- Northwestern University Alumni Assoc.
- Riley Safer Holmes & Cancila Law Firm
- National Organization of Minority Engineers
- Forward Food Summit, The Humane Society, and Northwestern University
Invite Dr. Hightower to speak to your organization
Wellness Program Testimonials
Dr. Hightower is a wonderful speaker. She gave a talk about addressing food cravings for our organization, that was attended by more than 110 clinicians and non-clinicians. She is knowledgeable and compassionate, and brings a wealth of experience and education to her presentations. She has a great way of boiling down complex ideas to make them comprehensible to a wide audience. She answered a broad range of questions from the audience in a way that was both educational and supportive. I would be delighted to have Dr. Hightower speak for our organization again!
I met Dr. Carla Hightower through the excellent webinar she presented to Northwestern University alumni and students in March 2019 entitled “Food as Medicine”. I was impressed with her warmth, subject matter expertise, and the thoughtfulness shown during the Q&A, convincing me that I wanted to listen to her again and again. Months later, I was in the room when she was given an alumnae service award from Northwestern. My first thought as I applauded was, “What took us so long?”
I reached out to Dr. Hightower to ask if she would return to the subject of Food as Medicine during the time of the COVID-19 pandemic. We spoke over the phone and once again I was instantly engaged in what she was saying. This presentation was promoted as a “chat” with alumni on “Our Diets are Changing: The Influence on Our Wellbeing” to allow for a (virtual) conversation between Dr. Hightower and the participants – all joined for the entire hour, a rarity in virtual programming. I look forward to the opportunity to work with Dr. Hightower again on another program.