Helping people and companies create true well-being
Meet Dr. Carla Hightower
As an MD, certified health coach and wellness expert, I founded Living Health Works to provide wellness workshops and online courses to teach educational information on food and lifestyle changes that help you heal yourself. I also work directly with companies to help create healthy energetic teams.
Healthy nutrition and lifestyle choices support your well-being so that you can live fully and thrive. I believe you can replace doubts about your future with peace of mind.
Research studies show that plant-based nutrition, superfoods, and lifestyle habits help…
- Boost energy
- Strengthen the immune system
- Promote healthy weight loss
- Maintain normal blood sugar
- Maintain normal blood pressure
- Decrease inflammation
- Decrease insulin resistance
- Support heart health
- Reduce joint pain
- Reduce nerve pain
What makes Living Health Works unique is my extensive education and training, particularly my MD background and coaching certification. My wellness workshops and courses deliver evidence-based educational information that’s up to date and easy to understand.
- Doctor of Medicine, Northwestern University
- Anesthesiology residency, Northwestern University
- Board Certification by the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Certification in Integrative Health Coaching, Duke University
- Certificate in Plant-based Nutrition, Cornell University
- MBA, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Advanced Certificate in Medical Writing, University of Chicago Graham School
- Over 20 years of experience as a practicing physician/ board-certified anesthesiologist
- An engaging public speaker before professional audiences on the subject of healthy food and lifestyle habits that boost energy and productivity and support health and well-being
- Media appearances include CBS 2 News and Chicago area radio shows, WGN, WVON, and AM 560
- Professional accomplishments showcased on the AARP website
- Panelist at First Ladies Health Initiative, sponsored by Walgreens
- Panelist at Forward Food Leadership Summit, sponsored by The Humane Society and Northwestern University
- Speaker at Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute
- Speaker at Mather
Research shows nutrition and lifestyle habits provide robust health and wellness benefits. In addition to a healthy lifestyle, work with a your personal primary care physician for any medical advice you may need.
Often a healthy lifestyle looks simple, but it’s not easy to achieve by using trial and error, figuring everything out on your own. Conflicting information and even misinformation are obstacles preventing you from reaching your goals. However, with the right educational resources and support, you will start your wellness journey with a clear path to your goals.
It’s my pleasure to show you how to live well and thrive!
Take Another Look Video